- Our Jobs
- Commodity Trading and Sourcing Specialist
Commodity Trading and Sourcing Specialist
The primary responsibility of the Commodity Trading and Sourcing Specialist (CTSS) is to commercialize perishable commodities on behalf of our clients using Reserva's trading platform. The CTSS works closely with our clients to place their products in domestic and international markets. The CTSS brokers deals between buyers and sellers, developing relationships with prospective buyers to find opportunities for our clients. Leveraging Reserva's tools for sales, marketing, and market intelligence, the CTSS is expected to gain a deep understanding of the produce market, pour over market data, and connect buyers and sellers in our marketplace. A successful CTSS is capable of building rapport with customers, understanding their businesses, and offering effective solutions to achieve their goals. The CTSS should clearly and confidently convey Reserva's unique value proposition to Agribusinesses. Reserva is the leading provider of enterprise applications for agribusinesses. In addition to our ERP platform, Reserva offers an integrated CRM solution for produce traders. Our newly introduced TradingPost product helps automate sales and marketing activities related to produce trading.
High Level Objectives
- Assume ownership of Reserva's outreach program and the qualification program.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of agribusinesses' needs and successfully position Reserva as the leading solution.
- Develop an extensive understanding of the perishable commodity trading market.
- Assist customers with building their profiles and adding product availability information
- Manage Marketing Automation activities aimed at distributing product information with potential buyers
- Work with customers to translate business requirements into effective solutions delivered through
- Qualify leads via cold-calling
- Liaise with customers to bring their products to market
- Reach out to potential buyers to identify sourcing opportunities.
- Send sales and marketing emails
- Work with Engineering, Product, and Business Development departments to translate customer expectations into results
- 1-3 years as a buyer, trader, or broker of highly recurrent product transactions
- Proven track-record working with quotas or other performance-based incentives.
- Proven ability to work independently in unstructured environments
- Demonstrated knowledge and deep understanding of software products.
- Cold-calling experience, appointment setting, and getting past gate-keepers.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Superb persuasion and negotiation tactics
- Extremely resourceful, capable of identifying solutions and delivering results in the face of adversity.
- Passtionate about deal making and connecting people/businesses.
- Produce buyer or broker experience
- Contract negotiations
- Experience selling SaaS solutions.
- Previous experience with Marketing Automation developing campaigns, activities, email blasts, etc.
- Familiarity with online Sales and Marketing tools (ie. Salesforce, MailChimp, RelatedIQ, etc.)
- Multilingual: Spanish
Learn more at email@example.com or apply directly below.
COMPENSATION (FULL QUALIFIED)
For exceptional* candidates
$30K – $50K Base Salary
0.1% – 1.0% Equity
COMMISSION (25% – 50%)
*Must meet all minimum requirements, 3+ years of experience as produce trader/broker, and bilingual.
COMPENSATION (LESS QUALIFIED)
$40K Base Salary (must cover)
0.1% – 1.0% Equity
Average deal: $20K-$30K
Frequency: At least 1/week
Commission: 5% per deal